easy trekking & nice experience in the National Park
(Phong Nha – Elephant Cave – Ma Da Valley – Tra Ang Cave – Phong Nha)
The Ma Da Valley was opened to tourism in August 2016. This new area of the world heritage PhongNha-Ke Bang National Park includes the Tra Ang cave and Ma Da Lake. The tour includes 8km of trekking in the Ma Da Valley in primary jungle, allowing visitors to explore the Vietnamese tropical forest. The porter team will prepare you a fantastic barbecue lunch that you will enjoy in the jungle with traditional foods.
This tour is a great opportunity to get into the jungle without taking on a major expedition while still visiting an area where few tourists have been before. Explore an unspoiled cave, swim in a stunning lake, and experience authentic Vietnam whilst supporting employment for local people.
This tour is a great opportunity to get in to the jungle without taking on a major expedition in an area where few tourists have been before. Explore an unspoiled cave, swim in a stunning lake and experience authentic Vietnam whilst supporting employment for local people.
- 8km of Jungle Trekking,
- Explore Tra Ang Cave
- Swim in Ma Da Lake
- BBQ lunch in the jungle
- Adventure level: Moderate
- Fitness is required for 8km of jungle trekking. Up to 600m of swimming in Tra Ang cave.
Gear provided: Vietnamese soldier trekking boots if required (we suggest bringing your trekking shoes just in case our boots don’t suit you) Head Torch, helmet, gloves and life jacket.
Gear to bring: Trekking clothes (long trousers and shirt), sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, sunglasses, swimming gear, travel towel or sarong.
- Water, snacks on trail and BBQ lunch
- All transport, National Park entrance fees and Park ranger
- Trekking and caving gear, head torch, helmet and life jacket
- English speaking tour guide, Porter team
- Tour departs daily at 8.00 am>
- Minimum 2, maximum 14 people on a join in basis
- Not suitable for children under 8 years of age
Information, we need to know from you, upon booking with us:
- Confirm the tour you would like to book
- Full name(s) of participant(s)
- When you would like to go
- Meal Option (Meat or Vegetarian)
- Pick-up location